Join this discussion board to earn and promote your service only join through my referral link here : https://iforumtalk.com/refer?user=Tray59

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2021 11:16 am  #1

Cross-platform design questions

I'm looking into the possibility of creating a small-ish standalone application(a design tool for a tabletop game), and I want it to be usable on all major platforms(Win/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS), if designing it that way is practical. Ideally, it should be a single download that runs everything locally - no web server etc. required. I've done some coding in past, but it's all been fairly small stuff, and this is right near the limits of what I think I'll be able to pull off successfully. Also, this may eventually be monetized if it's successful(long story), so I want it to be actually good instead of just being "good enough".

4/22/2021 2:17 am  #2

Re: Cross-platform design questions

JavaFX is extremely powerful, you can make very nice looking applications with it.

On the Mac, if you want things to look as native as you can, you can use a bit of JNI to get native dialogs, menus, sheets, and other stuff. It's less necessary on Windows I think to present a very native experience to users, but you could do it there if you wanted too.

I don't like SWT either, and Swing only seemed OK until JavaFX came along and then it was pretty obvious it was outclassed.

4/22/2021 3:46 am  #3

Have you considered any company yet? Personally I would advise you to contact to this cross-platform design team of professionals has been able to develop an excellent product that allows us to work independently, to find the right information for the data analysis system. We have been working with them for a year already and should say it works pretty well for our company. Simply give them a try

12/24/2023 1:01 am  #4

After collecting information, I compared the offers of various top branding companies, assessing the value for money. This helped me to make an informed choice and avoid misunderstandings in the future. It is important that there is a sense of trust between you and the chosen agency. I had several face-to-face meetings and consultations with potential partners to make sure we were on the same page. Finally, I found the perfect agency that made all my expectations a reality. The result exceeded my expectations and now my brand looks incredibly stylish and professional.

Board footera