Join this discussion board to earn and promote your service only join through my referral link here : https://iforumtalk.com/refer?user=Tray59

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2022 5:08 pm  #1

What are you looking for on the portfolio website (student and profess

This is more of a research question rather than applying it to my own portfolio website, but I want to see people's different opinions on what you think is in the portfolio. Have you ever found a portfolio/website that you instantly fall in love with? Can you determine exactly the reason why you liked it so much?

An example for me is the text accompanying the project. Many times I see a project, but I don't know for whom it is intended or why it was created!

Thanks in advance for all the comments and your time! I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say!

3/18/2022 5:09 pm  #2

Re: What are you looking for on the portfolio website (student and profess

It largely depends on what the designer is actually doing. UI/UX projects should include detailed case studies. Branding projects should demonstrate progress, some changes, and actual work used in different environments. Digital works of art should also have close-up screen shots. There are many other things that make the portfolio look great, but I think the most important part is the designer. A portfolio is a tool for promoting yourself, not just your work.

Also, it's worth mentioning that if you're a college student, you shouldn't try to make your portfolio believe it's an older portfolio (mostly because you're likely to fail because of how well you do your job). Be simple, present the best work you have, and leave premium fonts, trendy videos and 3D layouts for later when you have more experience and better know how/when to use different materials for the showcase.

3/18/2022 5:11 pm  #3

Re: What are you looking for on the portfolio website (student and profess

Eva_Muller wrote:

It largely depends on what the designer is actually doing. UI/UX projects should include detailed case studies. Branding projects should demonstrate progress, some changes, and actual work used in different environments. Digital works of art should also have close-up screen shots. There are many other things that make the portfolio look great, but I think the most important part is the designer. A portfolio is a tool for promoting yourself, not just your work.

Also, it's worth mentioning that if you're a college student, you shouldn't try to make your portfolio believe it's an older portfolio (mostly because you're likely to fail because of how well you do your job). Be simple, present the best work you have, and leave premium fonts, trendy videos and 3D layouts for later when you have more experience and better know how/when to use different materials for the showcase.

Your point on a student portfolio looking like a senior's is spot on. Thank you! 

Board footera